Monday, March 15, 2010

My first cake for a friend!


I decided to put my new skill to the test and I made my friend Nancy a cake for her 40th birthday. Nancy is the younger sister of Stacy, one of my best friends from high School.

It was pretty easy, she had one request, CHOCOLATE!

I used a from scratch recipe and used a trick I've learned, coffee in the batter makes chocolate cake taste better. Very moist not overly sweet. I filled it with a caramel cream and for the icing, I added about a cup of cocoa powder to my yummy butter-cream recipe.


Happy Birthday Nancy!
Nancy said : Thank you again Debby! So nice of you to make me a birthday cake! A delicious chocolate one too!! Glad you were able to come down to celebrate with us!!
Stacy said: It was so good, I had two pieces for breakfast before I left! I should have figured out a way to bring the rest home with me!
My pleasure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment